Born in December 13, 1989, Taylor Swift is still young and has made quite an impact on the world with her work and talent. Even now she is still rocking it with her music and even on stage performances.
Below are but a few other facts that you might now know about Taylor Swift. See which ones are new to you!
- Swift was born in Reading, Pennsylvania, and was named after the great James Taylor by her parents Scott Kingsley Swift and Andrea Gardner (Finlay) Swift. Clearly her parents thought music would play a big role in her life and they weren’t wrong.
- Despite having been recorded many times for music videos, Swift is actually quite paranoid of being recorded without her knowledge. In a 2014 Rolling Stone interview she revealed this particular quirk of hers stating “The janitor who’s being paid by TMZ could record me. This is gonna sound like I’m a crazy person – but we don’t even know…”
- Swift was only 12 years old when she wrote her first ever song, “Lucky You”. After a computer repairman visit, she learned from the man how to play thee guitar chords. From there, she began learning and playing the guitar, piano, banjo, ukulele, and the electric guitar.
- Swift transferred schools during her freshman and sophomore years. She transferred schools for the explicit purpose of being homeschooled which was ideal for her due to her hectic tour schedule.
- A lot of fans know Swift for her vocal chops, however Swift actually has been seen in television as well as has some movie credits to her name too.
- Swift has received over 600 nominations as a singer while actually receiving more than a third of those awards. Some of her prestigious awards include several Grammy, Billboard Music, and American Music Awards.
- By 2014, Taylor Swift was at the point of distancing herself from her country music roots and delving more into pop music. In an interview in Rolling Stone, she stated that she stopped going to country music award shows as well as avoid promoting any of her albums on any kind of country radio stations.
- Swift is an exemplary writer. To this date, more than half of her songs were written by her and only her. Several of these written pieces have earned her many awards as well such as “Our Song”. Other popular songs that Taylor Swift wrote include “Bad Blood,” and “Back to December.” For “Our Song” specifically it was first written for a high school talent show she was going to attend but was later used as a song that appeared in her debut album.
- Remember that Swift appeared in television and movies right? Well one of her appearances was actually in the movie Hannah Montana which sprang from the TV series of the same name. Swift made her appearance there due to her obsession with Disney.
- Even though Swift has an estimated net worth of over $200 million, she still goes out of her way to spread good fortune to great causes. Routinely, Swift provides funding for the Taylor Swift Education Center situated in Nashville’s Country Music Hall of Fame.